- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (or mixed chopped green onion greens and yellow onion)
- olive oil (or any oil you can find on the free shelf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vegesal or other seasoned salt
- 1 large can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
- macaroni or other pasta, there must some left on the free shelf!
1 Bring a large pot of hot water to a boil and toss in the pasta, adding some salt.
2 In a skillet, brown the ground beef in a tablespoon of olive oil on high heat. Stir only infrequently so that the ground beef has an opportunity to brown.
3 Take the beef out and fry the chopped onion in the same pan.
4. Add the ground beef and lower the heat to medium. Add canned tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano from the shelf. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Drain the pasta. Join the sauce and pasta together and share with other guests that happen to have graded cheese 😉 Enjoy!